Taking the traditional glute ham bench to the next level. This Performance GHR/GHD is designed for athletes of all sizes and weights. Built using thick gauge box section, this unit is there to help build a bomb proof posterior chain.
The glute-ham bench enables users to perform many effective exercises that target the important muscles of the abdominals, lower back and hamstrings. It enables users to work the entire length of the spine and both knee and hip extension functions of the hamstrings not possible with the back- extension benches found in most gyms. It allows an athlete to strengthen the erectors especially in the middle portion, that in most sports, is exposed to high forces. Another benefit is that it’s one of the most important exercises for preventing back and knee injuries, especially to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). The spine is exposed to great compressive forces in many sports, athletes weak in the hamstrings, glutes and lower back not only are more likely to injure the lower back but are especially prone to tearing the ACL. Because the glute-ham exercise increases muscle mass and strength in the back, glutes and hamstrings, those athletes who include this exercise are better able to withstand compressive loads on the spine that occur playing sports such as Rugby.
Proudly manufactured here in the UK.
Lead time is 4-6 weeks, however during busy periods this can increase to 8-weeks.
• Pad can be rotationally adjusted to 1 of 8 positions, allowing the athlete optimal positioning for multiple exercises including abdominal and posterior chain work.
• Custom upholstery and pads for maximum comfort and support.
• Wide foot plate allowing for a variety of foot positions.
• Footplate mounted bars for band assistance or to hold on to when performing other exercises.
• 6 front positioned band pegs to add band resistance to an exercise.
• 2 steps for easy access into the machine.
• Intuitive, simple adjustment mechanisms throughout.
• Horizontal foot plate adjustment with 20 increments.
• Independent roller sets with vertical adjustment, allowing for a precise fit to the athlete.
• Front barbell rack to allow easy loading and barbell use during exercises.
• Front grab handles combined with large rear wheels provide easy mobility.